At 7:18 +0000 1/19/03, Nasser Ossareh wrote:
>a row gets inserted into this table
whenever a visitor uses a certain tool on the site

based on this approach your table does not have any entries for the days that no one uses the certain tool on the site. As a result your query can not pull out records which don't exist.

You could catter for this programmatically by a perl script. The script could do this:
That would work, but it's not necessary.  He should use a LEFT JOIN,
which will produce a row in the output for the left table, whether
or not any right table rows match it.  The syntax is in the MySQL manual.

create a temporary table
insert all records from your main table between TheStartDate and TheEndDate...
iterate through TheStartDate and theEndDate and add one record per day to the temporary table.
The SQL statement should display count-1 for each day.

I don't have perl on my system so I can't help with the script I hope someone else can.

-Nasser.