1) I have administrator rights on the G3 PowerBook on which I'm doing this learning. But that's not the same as MySQL recognizing me with administrator acces, is it? How can I make MySQL give me administrator access, so I can have permission to issue CREATE [and ALL other] commands. As it is now, when I try to create a table from the Terminal window--and I've decided I DO want to be able to do this in the Terminal also, not just thru a GUI--an error message appears, saying that access is denied.
you need to be root
something like:

mysql -u root

2) If I create a table in phpMyAdmin, how do I plant it in, say, Dreamweaver--or, really, code it into the HTML Dreamweaver creates--so the table can be accessed, as part of a web page, from a browser?
you need to write some php or perl to get the data from mysql - ive no
idea about doing this in dreamweaver - do it by hand! ;)

3) I got to the end of November 2002 Macworld magazine's "Serve It Up" article, to the sidebar "A Jump Start". I downloaded MacUser's .sit file...
Mac? whats that..
ive never even heard of a .sit file