So I have been reading a lot lately about replication but I can't find a good summary/explanation of MySQL's replication features regarding InnoDB tables and how their transactional properties may cause problems in replication.

I have seen suggestions that InnoDB tables should be converted to MyISAM tables before being loaded and then converted back to InnoDB tables.

I have also seen many others here confused as to what problems there are between InnoDB and replication.

So, could some friendly MySQL guru please explain to me, and many others, what the replication issues with InnoDB tables really are...please? The docs state that InnoDB is replication safe yet there seem to be so many problems with them when updates fail, roll back or are partially executed because some constraint conflict that causes replication to stop.

Sincerely
Kris Karski