I've been reading every e-mail I could find within this list that talked
about ReiserFS within the last year and I've found very little information
on is ReiserFS really better than ext3.  I did find that almost everyone
said that ReiserFS handled large amounts of files much better than ext2 or
ext, but what about a MySQL database situation with a very limited numbers
of files.  Such as 300, or less than 100 even?  Is Reiser a better FS than
ext3 for MySQL when you have a very limited number of files, and when the
files are larger in size, such as 2-3GB each?  Or is there not much
difference and one should just stick with ext3.  It seems like there is talk
that XFS handles larger files much better than other file systems, however
it's still not reliable enough to use in an actual production environment.
Is this true as well?

Thanks,

Nick