I noticed that in version 4.1, there would be support
for sorting with unicode.

I have a few questions regarding unicode in MySQL:

1) Is it used just like a regular Char-set?
Will this work just the same?
SELECT name FROM mytable WHERE name='michelle'
SELECT name FROM mytable WHERE name='name using
russian alphabet'

2) Is it going to affect anything regarding
performance etc?

3) I read some of the things on unicode.org, but this
is only the pros. Is there any cons for using unicode?
When should I use it?

Any thoughts?
// Michelle

< sql, query >