On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 02:21:34PM -0500, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> Steven Roussey wrote:
>
> >Might also look at:
> >   vmstat 1
> >

> `vmstat 1` is my favorite instant-info server debugging tool.  I
> wouldn't mind the same program for MySQL (where's that mytop author
> anyhow? j/k)

Hmm.  mytop 1.4 will have a feature that may help you.  It'll sorta
like a vmstat the watches the output of SHOW STATUS, mostly the Com_*
counters.  You'll be able to get the data refreshed at whatever rate
you like, just like vmstat.

Initially, I was going to do it as a full-screen sort of display, but
now that you mention it I think a vmstat-style let-it-scroll-by
version might be helpful.

Maybe I could rig it up so that if you call it as "mysqlstat" (via a
symlink) it'd automatically start in that mode.

Hmm.  Thoughts?

Now, I just have to remember to push out mytop 1.3 so that folks can
shake out any new bugs I've introduced...

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 4 days, processed 118,983,374 queries (342/sec. avg)