I have been trying, for the past two days, to successfully build MySQL
3.23.54 using LinuxThreads on a FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE SMP box.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to get a successful, working build.

Some of the failed builds I have had:
* Successfully compiles and installs, but gets a signal 11 upon start.
* Successfully compiles, installs, and starts, but does nothing (except
fork() another process) when something tries to connect.
* Successfully compiles and installs, but complains about pthred mutexes
or some such when trying to initialize InnoBase (which isn't that big of a
deal, since I'm not using innobase tables).

I'm running FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE on a dual Athlon MP2200+ with 1GB of ram.
I installed LinuxThreads 2.2.3_9 from ports, and am compiling MySQL from
source.  I've looked around on the mailing list archives, but not found an
answer to the problems.

We need to be able to use both CPUs for this project, and, while
I'd prefer we used Solaris or Linux, the boss is the boss, and he wants
FreeBSD.  If someone can walk me through making this work, I would very
much appreciate it.  If more information is needed, that's not a problem.

Thanks.

-j