Hi!

I've got one question which belongs to the new query cache in 4.01.

I wonder why the cache should be deleted if there's a statement like update,
insert etc.
I think it must be considered that there are possible situations where this
isn't the best way.
For example:

1) select * from DATABASE where DATE = '2002-12-02'
2) update DATABASE set NAME = 'my name' where DATE = '2002-12-01'

So 2) would kill the whole cache, but for 1) the update doesn't matter!
Wouldn't it be better to look for what selects matters for the cache by
updating something in the table???

I think that would improve much more performance.

Regards,
Reiner