We have the query cache turned on, and it appears to be working well.

However, there appears to be no indication in the manual as to the time
that a cached query remains in memory. In the absence of this information,
is it safe to assume that a cached query remains there indefinitely,
unless either (1) one of the tables used in the initial query is modified,
or (2) the server is re-started?

We are using ColdFusion MX, which has its own query cache (which is very
useful for whats called Query-of-query selects), but there the residence
time is configurable, and the timer is restarted if the cached query is
called before the timeout.

Regards
Terry Riley