Sherzod,

>     : Now, let's say DATADIR is in /var/lib/mysql/ under Linux, and
under
>     : Windows this is c:\mysql\data\ (I'm not informed how paths will
look
>     : like when you share them between OS's).
>     :
>
> Guys, are you sure you can share files between two absolutely
different file
> systems
> just like that? I don't think it's gonna be as easy as you want it to
be.

The only problem is that you have to make your disk mountable both under
Linux and Windows. If you succeed with this, there's no problem at all
to use MySQL data across those plattforms. MySQL's MyISAM tables are
platform independent, and so are MERGE and HEAP. I'm not sure about BDB
and InnoDB, but I guess they are platform independent, too.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 2:04 AM
Subject: RE: Making Lin/Win share DataSource