Van: stephane parenton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Verzonden: zaterdag 1 februari 2003 18:09
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: RE: how to change mysql root password

Hi everyone.. I have a related problem with my mysql 3.23.54 on a
RH7.3... Assigning the root password is ok with

Mysqladmin -u root password 'newpassword'

but when trying to do

Mysqladmin -u root -h myhost.mydomain.tld password 'newpassword' i have
the following...

./mysqladmin: connect to server at 'myhost.mydomain.tld' failed
error: 'Can't connect to MySQL server on 'myhost.mydomain.tld' (111)'
Check that mysqld is running on myhost.mydomain.tld and that the port is
3306.
You can check this by doing 'telnet myhost.mydomain.tld 3306'

Telnet refuses my connexion, even though i'm connecting from the host
itself...

Anyone has a clue for this ?...

Regards
steph