""Prasanth Krishna"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:b1eg64$2rqn$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Is there any way to partition MyISAM tables in mysql? i have a huge
> table and want to partition it.
> Do InnoDB tables support partitioning?
> thanks.

The software RAID option for MyISAM sounds like what you need.
I understand it is in the MySQL-MAX , not the standard MySQL binary.
Here are a couple of extracts from the MySQL manual.

RAID_TYPE= {1 | STRIPED | RAID0 } RAID_CHUNKS=#  RAID_CHUNKSIZE=#

The RAID_TYPE option will help you to break the 2G/4G limit for the MyISAM
data file (not the index file) on operating systems that don't support big
files. You can get also more speed from the I/O bottleneck by putting RAID
directories on different physical disks. RAID_TYPE will work on any OS, as
long as you have configured MySQL with --with-raid. For now the only allowed
RAID_TYPE is STRIPED (1 and RAID0 are aliases for this). If you specify
RAID_TYPE=STRIPED for a MyISAM table, MyISAM will create RAID_CHUNKS
subdirectories named 00, 01, 02 in the database directory. In each of these
directories MyISAM will create a table_name.MYD. When writing data to the
data file, the RAID handler will map the first RAID_CHUNKSIZE *1024 bytes to
the first file, the next RAID_CHUNKSIZE *1024 bytes to the next file and so
on.

See also the Changes History.

Stephen