> Is there any way to partition MyISAM tables in mysql? i have a huge
> table and want to partition it.
> Do InnoDB tables support partitioning?

Like Oracle? No. You can do your own partitioning on the application side,
of course. And/Or you can use MERGE type tables which have some basic
partitioning abilities.

Personally, I'd like to see MySQL's MERGE table option grow up to do better
partitioning automatically. Something like an option to partition into 2^n
subtables based on a key (either unique or not). If n were to equal 8, then
such a table definition would create 16 sub-tables and use the last n=8 bits
(the last byte in this case) of the partition key as the index into the
sub-table.

Table locking issues could then drop down to the sub-table instead (with
some exceptions). And table maintenance could rotate among sub-tables
without blocking the whole table.

Sincerely,
Steven Roussey
http://Network54.com/