I have just downloaded the mysql-3.23.55-win.zip file from your website
onto my pc running win98_se.  I am learning sql using the Teach Yourself
SQL in 24 hours book by Ryan Stephens and Ron Plew.  They suggest
downloading your propram in order to complete the hands-on exercises
mentioned in each chapter.  the 12 step of 13 referenced in the book says
to double click or run mysql.exe from the MS dos prompt.  I get the
following message.....

C:\mysql\bin>mysql
ERROR 2003:   Can't connect to Mysql server on 'localhost' (10061)

Thank you in advance.
Dino

This message contains information from Certegy, Inc which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e:mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]