Dino,

> to double click or run mysql.exe from the MS dos prompt.  I get the
> following message.....
> C:\mysql\bin>>mysql
> ERROR 2003:   Can't connect to Mysql server on 'localhost' (10061)

Most probably your MySQL server isn't running.

Using Windows Explorer or a DOS window, cd to c:\mysql\bin and start
winmysqladmin.exe. This should start the server, and you will see a
traffic light symbol in the system tray. The light should be green.

If this fails, cd to c:\mysql\bin in a DOS window and enter:

mysqld --console --standalone

This will show you any startup errors that encounter, so you can track
down the problem.

When the MySQL server is up, try mysql.exe again. This should give you
an SQL prompt.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>