Hy,

im trying to create a replication between two MySql Servers. The Master
is running 4.0.6 (linux) and the slave ist 4.0.10 (solaris sparc
64-bit). If i try to start the replication process on the slave it
prints the following error message in the message log :

030206 20:09:36  Slave I/O thread: error connecting to master
'T$REPLI@ip1:3306': Error: 'Access denied for user: 'T$REPLI@localhost'
(Using password: YES)'  errno: 1045  retry-time: 60  retries: 86400

The mysterious thing is, that it tells me an acces denied on the local
machine and not on the remote. If i try to connect with the mysql tool
to the remote server all works fine. Could anybody help me ?

Thanks
Oliver