Hi,

 I have a database with 3 names in it. In each of these names is 5
categories  that have numbers in them. I want to be able to do a select and
get the top  number from each category for each name and display them from
most to least.  I have checked all the docs on the select statement, but
this is escaping me  at the moment.

 TIA

 i.e

 This is what is in the database.

 Bill      36        20        50    46        70
John    26        30        32    48        46
Fred    87        40        19    62        42

This is what I want to be able to show:

Fred   87
Bill     70
John   48

SPAM bypass:  sql, query, queries, smallint