From: ahimsa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: whats the best way to imput text and formated text into a mysql
database

Thank you so much everyone for all of your support!
I asked a question re: a mysql post error when the text containd apostrophe
and commas. I got feedback re: delimiting and putting a / before each comma
and appostrophy.  The problem is that this is not feasable for me to do this
on so much text, besides its messy etc.  does anyone have any suggestions on
the best way to imput text into a mysql database that is simple that will
accept what ever text, It would be great if it could be formated text. But
is this possible. Maybe i should be using a blob field instead of a text
field or somethign. Im not sure.  Im using mysql with php in my forms.  i
maybe need to do all of this differently. My goal is to imput pages and
pages of text into text fields.  Thank you all so much.  Also Is it ok to
write a thank you to people when they reply or is it standard etiquette to
not reply ?
Thanks again so much. leeann