I have a setup of 3 servers, with MySQL replication in a round-robin fashion
between all 3. So far, any writes to a particular table are done only on one
machine at any time. The replication is used as a hot backup, not a
load-balancing thing.

I now have an instance where I'd like to do inserts on several of the machines
at once. The inserts are just logged info, so there's no unique key, no
auto-increment, etc...

Is it safe to do this, in this configuration?

If simultaneous updates hit 2 or more of the servers at the same time, will it
still replicate all updates properly (even if they may chronologically occur
at different times)?

(I am currently using MySQL 3.23.49 from Debian packages...)

: Web Technical Administrator     -          [EMAIL PROTECTED] :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |