Hi..

Ok i have snort working and logging on my LINUX machine192.168.0.1. They are alerts in /var/log/snort/alerts and portscan. I have it setup soo it is suppose to log to my windows machine192.168.0.69 running MYSQL. I have been using this as my reference:

http://www.sans.org/rr/intrusion/practical_guide.php

Im on the last step but the MYSQL on my windows machine is not logging anything.

I know that my Linux machine is connected to MYSQL on the windows machine becasue im using KERIO firewall and it shows the MYSQL connected to 192.168.0.1 and it tranferred 2016 bytes but stoped but i cant see anything in the events. I dont have a CLUE why or how to DEBUG this. Can someone help. If you need my /etc/snort.conf file it is posted here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1638741&forum_id=3972

Any help on how to debug this problem and get MYSQL to start logging.