Hello:

Because you have a variable length column type (text) in the row, mysql
changes char() types  to varchar.  This behavior is discussed in the
manual in Silent Column Change Specifications under CREATE TABLE.

If the stored length of these columns is an issue, you can move the
variable length fields to another table.  However, the varchar() type
reduces storage requirements without a performance penalty.  If the
retrieved/displayed length is the issue, you can use the LPAD or RPAD
functions as appropriate.

Doug