Hi,

I have a question about using myisamchk and mysqlchk.
I am running myisamchk -s on a certain table and get this error:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/myisamchk: MyISAM file /usr/local/mysql/var/db1/my_table.MYI
/usr/local/mysql/bin/myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table
properly
MyISAM-table '/usr/local/mysql/var/db1/my_table.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

I am running mysql while doing the isamchk - which I know should be avoided. But in
the manual it says I can do this as long as
nobody uses the table I am checking. I do not have any active connections, all
connections are sleeping, but I still get the above
error.
I do not get the error however when I do "mysqlcheck db1 my_table".

Is the only reason for this the fact that I have mysql running? Are mysqlcheck and
myisamchk doing the exact same thing. Or are
there scenarios in which one reports errors and the other doesn't.

Does mysqlcheck lock tables while checking? If so, does it do full locks or is
read-access possible during the check is performed?

Thanks,

MARK