Paul DuBois wrote something vaguely resembling a message about SQL and QUERY:

Bandwidth may appear to be adequate, but it seem to me like the network is
where you want to look to find the latency problems.

To follow up on that, set up something like RRDTool on the network (or get someone to do it) and measure your actual bandwidth usage; you may be surprised. Cross-reference with a ping log (also done with RRDTool on my machines) to see if its a latency or bandwidth cap issue.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.