On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 01:37:59AM -0600, Jason Maskell wrote:
> Perhaps the subject will get someone to actually read this and offer even
> one reply with a suggestion?

  I admit that the topic got my attention - perhaps not in the best way
  though.

  I can offer a few suggestions:

  Provide more details:
   - How big is the table you are querying?
   - What is the query that you are running?
   - Do you have logging enabled? If so, does it report any error
         messages/slow queries/etc.
   - Is this the first time that you have encountered the issue?
   - etc...

  Can you upgrade? There have been bug fixes and enhancements in the
  versions that have been released since x.54. While I am not sure that
  they would fix your issues, this is a fairly quick thing to test - of
  course, make sure that you have back ups (just in case)!

  Also, keep in mind that it is the weekend and that this is a volunteer
  list.  I would guess that our resident FreeBSD guru (Jeremy Z.) is out
  working on his latest book. Assuming that you have not pissed him off,
  he may help you out. :)

Cheers!
--
Zak Greant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  MySQL AB Community Advocate

MySQL Tip: InnoDB in 4.0.8 supports ON UPDATE foreign key constraints
  See http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SEC449.html for more details