I am having a strange problem reloading data into one copy of MySQL.

Details:

production server: MySQL - Ver 8.38 Distrib 4.0.5a-beta, for
sun-solaris2.8 on sparc
development system: MySQL - Ver 8.38 Distrib 4.0.5a-beta, for
Win95/Win98 on i32
test system: MySQL - Ver 8.38 Distrib 4.0.5a-beta, for sun-solaris2.8 on
sparc

production server: Sun E250, Solaris 2.8, 9 gig disk (plenty of free
space), 256 M ram. development system: Toshiba laptop, Win2000, 15 gig
disk (plenty of free space), 512 M ram.
test system: Sun Sparc-20, Solaris 2.8, 9 gig disk (plenty of free
space), 256 M ram.

All systems are "nominal".

Every day, the E250 server runs a cron job to backup the database via
the command:
  mysqldump -u root --lock-tables --databases mydb >CurrentMydb.mysql
This has worked (and still works) for over 1.5 years.
The database dump is FTPed to the development machine.
The database dump is currently 48 Megabytes in size (was 45, but usage
logs grow...).
The database is rebuilt on the Win2000 server every couple of days using
a set of scripts that remove the database and rebuild it from the dump
file with the following command:
 mysql -u root <CurrentMydb.mysql
where "CurrentMydb.mysql" is the dump file from the E250
This works fine (even today).

However, the same sequence of commands (that has been working for 1.5
years) issued TODAY on the testing server gives the following error:

ERROR 1064 at line 430725: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'VALUES (51172,700,3,0,0,-1,1,'Mon Feb 17 19:59:27
MST 2003')' a

However, I've FTPed the dump from the E250 to the Sparc 20 three times
(and verified they are identical), and each time I run the rebuild
script I get the same type of error - but targeting a different line
every time!!!

Also - I've used this file on the W2K machine - there is no actual error
in the file.

The only thing that has changed at all is the size of the database dump
(from 45M to 48M). There is plenty of disk space.

Has anyone encountered such a problem before, and is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

-Richard