You could just ftp them wherever you want for storage.

I made a simple script where I took the provided "mysqlhotcopy" script,
added it and used it every day as a cron to make a copy of all my databases,
then run through a check of each one then tar them all up and ftp them to a
remote server.

Its been running without a flaw for about 6 months now so personally I think
its a good solution to archiving.

-Chris