Hello,

I'm a newbie with MySQL, so it's possible my qustions are answered
somewhere, but I haven't found those answers yet...

When I start my mysqld deamon, I get this message: "Can't initialize InnoDB
as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set". I've been reading through Reference
Manual and I realise that I have to configure my.cnf file if I want to use
InnoDB, and the problem would dissapear, but the problem is I don't need
InnoDB (in fact dno't know what it is :-) ). Sow, how do I supress this
message without configuring InnoDB? (MySQL I'm using is "Ver. 3.23.41-max-
debug for Win95/Win98 on i32")

Next two problems have occured on "mysqld  Ver 3.23.49-max for sun-
solaris2.8 on sparc".

First question. I connect to mysql client and do the following:
---------
mysql> use nick

Database changed
mysql>
---------
My question is, what does this message mean, and how to get rid of it?

And, the last problem... I access to MySQL database via PHP standalone
script, that is don't use PHP as Apache module, but I have downloaded PHP
source, compiled it and now I use it for daily maintaining my database (I've
put some lines in my crontab file which run these PHP scripts). And every
time I run any of the scripts, I get following message:
---------
File 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '#27' is not a compiled character set and is not specified
in the 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/Index' file
---------

What do I do? What's missing?

--
Pozdrav/Regards, Nikola [Nick] Skoric.
"...ket csillag csak oz egen/mint a szemed..."