Hi,

I want to be able to use the MySQL binary logs and mysqlbinlog to restore
data if needed.

This works fine, except when the log contains sql that is written when I
save a binary stream to a BLOB column in a table.  I will get one of those
messages like 'there is an error in your SQL at ...' when it tries to
execute the insert.

When I read the log out to a file, it looks to me as if there are
characters in the values clause of the insert statement (i.e. the binary
stream for the BLOB column) that need to be escaped, and these are being
interpreted as part of the sql command syntax, causing the error.

Has anyone dealt with this type of problem before?  Are there some options
I can set on the binary logs or on mysqlbinlog to get around this problem?

Another question about mysqlbinlog:  what is the -t option used for ? I
can't find an explanation for it, other than in the help.

TIA

Rick Arthur
Knexa.com Enterprises Inc.
519.747.1139 x 109