Hi!

I want to emebed libmysqld.lib into a DLL I am making for Visual Basic. I need to make the DLL in C because it is going to perform other functions (i.e I do not want to use the "Public Declare" in VB to access the DLL).

I need the libmysqld.lib library.

I could use LoadLibrary to load it dynamically, but I think this would be more work.

Does anyone know where I can get it?
Does anyone know when it will be available on the mysql.com website?

Does anyone know when the source code for the libmysqld.dll will be distributed (Windows version)? (I thought mysql was open source?)

Thanks
Eric