Hi.

I think I detected a bug in InnoDB with MySQL 3.23.55.

I have a table named ARTICLE_POID of type InnoDB and transaction_isolation
is READ-COMMITTED. AUTOCOMMIT is 1 (default value).

mysql> DESCRIBE ARTICLE_POID;
+------------+--------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field      | Type   | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+------------+--------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| instanceNo | int(2) |      | PRI | 0       |       |
+------------+--------+------+-----+---------+-------+

The value of instanceNo is 4.

I establish two connections to mysql: A and B.

   A                                                    B
                                         instanceNo
   -------                                              -------
                                 ----------

1) BEGIN;
                                         4

2)                                                      UPDATE ARTICLE_POID SET
instanceNo = instanceNo + 1;    5

3) SELECT instanceNo FROM ARTICLE_POID;
                         5

4)                                                      UPDATE ARTICLE_POID SET
instanceNo = instanceNo + 1;    6

5) SELECT instanceNo FROM ARTICLE_POID;
                         6

In pass 3) when I query for the first time instanceNo I obtain 5 (the value
committed in connection B) but in pass 5) when I query instanceNo for second
time I obtain again 5. If in connection B I update instanceNo with a new
value in connectio A I obtain the old value 5 until I commit the
transacction.

I think this is a bug because in pass 4) I updated instanceNo to 6. The
transaction isolation is READ-COMMITED then in connection A I should obtain
values updated in connection B (automatically committed).

Note: I also tested this with MySQL 3.23.54

Iago Sineiro