Hi -

I am new to MySQL & SQL in general.  I have been
reading the documentation at www.mysql.com, but I've
become quite confused.  I hope that one of you can
clear up a few issues for me.

I have a database called "parcel".  The primary key in
this database is called "dxf", which contains a unique
number corresponding to each record in the database.

I have a second database called "building".  One of
the columns in this database is called "address".  I
need to be able to pull the data from this column when
querying the "parcel" database.

The problem I'm having is that while the "building"
database does contain a column called "dxf", in that
database "dxf" isn't unique.  To clarify, I may have
multiple rows in the "buildings" database with the
same entry for "dxf".

To clarify further... the "parcel" database contains
information regarding land parcels.  The "building"
database contains information regarding buildings on
these land parcels.  "dxf" is the parcel id number.
While you can only have one parcel of land, you may
have multiple buildings on that parcel, each with a
unique address.  The parcel information is in the
first database & the address info is in the second
database.  In the first database, "dxf" is unique (as
you can only have one land parcel).  In the second
database, "dxf" doesn't necessarily have to be unique
as you may have multiple buildings on that one land
parcel.

I hope that made sense.

The problem seems to be that, while each database
contains a "dxf" entry, there really isn't a unique
link between the two.

Anyways... when I run a query on the "parcel"
database, I need to be able to pull any address
associated with that parcel from the "building"
database.  I can't quite figure out how to do this.

Greatly appreciate any help!