Thanks for the reply.  I'll try your suggestions.

Actually, I *do* have two unique databases.  They're
originally FoxPro dbase files, each generated by a
different application which I'm converting to MySQL
for a php app.  It won't be a problem to create a
table for the buildings in the parcel database, hadn't
even thought about doing that.

Thanks again!

--- Tore Bostrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First, it appears that you are confusing "database"
> with table.  A Database
> is a collection of tables.  Each table has rows of
> data which is organized
> in columns.
>
> From what I understand, you have the following
> situation:
>
> Table: Parcels
>
> Columns:
>     dxf (Primary Key, auto_number)
>     [Description - used for illustration below]
>     ...etc. columns for data about the parcels
>
> Table: Buildings
>
> Columns:
>     [BuildingID (Primary Key)]
>     dxf FOREIGN KEY REFERENCES Parcels(dxf)
>     Address
>     ...etc.
>
> If you have the parcel id (the "dxf") already, you
> can list all the
> buildings on it by simply:
>
> SELECT Address
> FROM Buildings
> WHERE dxf = <value of dxf>
>
> If you have some other information about the parcel
> that you want to use as
> the identifier:
>
> SELECT P.Description, B.Address
> FROM Parcels as P
>     INNER JOIN Buildings a B
>         ON P.dxf = B.dxf
> WHERE P.Description = '<some description>'
>
> Or similarly, if you have the Address, and you want
> to show the Parcel
>
> SELECT P.Description, B.Address
> FROM Parcels as P
>     INNER JOIN Buildings a B