MM> You should use the filesystem security your operating system provides to
MM> prevent common users from copying the database files. The directory that
MM> the database files resides in only needs to allow access by the user
MM> that the MySQL server is running as. If you do this, only users who know
MM> the MySQL user's password can 'copy' the databases.

I work with notary officers on "brazil" ... and my product i sell ! , the "users"
(competitors) can be "copy" my system to sell to other users... this
is terrible to my software house... the MySQL is not prepared for this
?

exists the method to secure a table with "password" ? or the secure is
only the filesystem permissions ?

  ++  Dyego Souza do Carmo   ++           Dep. Desenvolvimento
                 E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--                                        ICQ   : 221602060
$ look into "my eyes"                     Phone : +55 041 296-2311  r.112
look: cannot open my eyes                 Fax   : +55 041 296-6640