Hi Dyego,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 04:04:36PM -0300, Dyego Souza do Carmo wrote:
> MM> You should use the filesystem security your operating system provides to
> MM> prevent common users from copying the database files. The directory that
> MM> the database files resides in only needs to allow access by the user
> MM> that the MySQL server is running as. If you do this, only users who know
> MM> the MySQL user's password can 'copy' the databases.
>
> I work with notary officers on "brazil" ... and my product i sell ! , the "users"
> (competitors) can be "copy" my system to sell to other users... this
> is terrible to my software house... the MySQL is not prepared for this
> ?
>
> exists the method to secure a table with "password" ? or the secure is
> only the filesystem permissions ?

Securing a table with a password or even using encryption would make
things more difficult for your "users" but by no means impossible.

You give them the application that contains the password or encryption
key. They just need to find it in your application then, which is more
difficult but not impossible.

Sue them! (that's what copyright laws are for)

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Televisieweg 2