At 21:32 -0500 2/26/03, Jianping Zhu wrote:
I have a guest book which have three fields.
user name
email
comments

I want to mysql to store the information, but commnet maybe very long, is
there a better way to handle it instead of set a varchar(2000) or more for
a field comment in the table?

VARCHAR has a maximum length of 2000. In MySQL 4.1, it will be converted automatically to TEXT. But you can use TEXT in any version of MySQL. Is that suitable for what you want?

Thanks