At 0:32 +0700 2/28/03, Somsak RAKTHAI wrote:
Dear sir,
   I used mysql-4.0.10-gamma on RedHat-8.0.
   My system have memory 1G therefore I used "my.cnf"
from "support-files/my-huge.cnf".
   But I can"t start MySQL. It has error messages below.

030227 10:15:21 mysqld started
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ERROR: unknown option '--log-bin #
required for replication'
030227 10:15:21 mysqld ended

In "my-huge.cnf" have this line below that I think cause error.

# Replication Master Server (default)
log-bin             # required for replication
server-id       = 1 # required unique id between 1 and 2^32 - 1
                    # defaults to 1 if master-host is not set
                    # but will not function as a master if omitted

Delete the comments at the ends of the lines. A comment can be written beginning with #, but must appear on a line by itself or it causes a syntax error.

How to solve this problem ?

          thank you very much.
              regards,
              Somsak.