Guys, Guys--

I got it! I stopped being a dimwit long enough to realize that the change to "USE Temp;" below was for INSIDE the script.

When I made that change and again went to a new shell and typed (actually, I dragged the file from the window in which it sat in the Finder into the Terminal after typing):

/usr/local/bin/mysql -u [name] -p </Users/[my username]/Sites/Temp.sql

I entered my password, was presented with a new prompt and typed:

/usr/local/bin/mysql -u [name] -p

Again I was asked for my password, which I typed in. At the next prompt I typed "USE Temp". The database changed and at the prompt that followed, I typed "SHOW TABLES". "Test_Table" was there. I did a "SELECT * FROM Test_Table" and the test row of data was indeed there.

Thank you all--
Steve