I'm fairly new to MySQL as well (although, I do have experience with Oracle).

Even though you create a new database doesn't mean that MySQL will automatically start using that database. After all you might want to create 10 or 15 databases all at once (why? I don't know), then start creating tables for the 5th one you created.

So your script needs to do something like:

create database 'Temp';
use 'Temp';

(You need the quotes [or maybe it's the backquotes] if you actually want a mixed case name.)

I'm sure that if I'm off, someone here will correct me.

jeff