Just wanted to let y'all know this worked awesome!

Thanks so much!
Renee :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Count (*) function results needed in echo statement

Hi Renee,

The easiest way to reference the output of mysql's functions in a meaningful
way inside php would be to use 'as field_name', so for example if you
changed your query to..

====================

$query = "SELECT designcatagories.catcode, designcatagories.catdesc,
           count(*) as thiscount FROM
             designs,designcatagories where designs.catcode =
              designcatagories.catcode
            GROUP BY catcode";

..you could then simply reference the result of count() as thiscount in the
same way as you print catdesc, catcode et al currently.

HTH,
William.