Yes you can.

Try this query
grant file on database.* to user@'.........

also remember
grant file on database.table  to user@'......... does not work

Anis

>>> "Lakshminarayna  U" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Friday, March 07, 2003
5:00:30 PM >>>
Hi,

I want to archive and restore a table in MySQL using SQL
statements. I have tried this by logging in as root user and could
do it fine. But when I created a new user and login as him, I am
not able to archive nor restore. I have granted him all the
rights. Is there any specific rights need to be given to the user
to archive and restore? I can't use root user in my application.
Please help
Thanks in advance!

Lak