On Friday 07 March 2003 13:30, Lakshminarayna U wrote:

> I want to archive and restore a table in MySQL using SQL
> statements. I have tried this by logging in as root user and could
> do it fine. But when I created a new user and login as him, I am
> not able to archive nor restore. I have granted him all the
> rights. Is there any specific rights need to be given to the user
> to archive and restore? I can't use root user in my application.

Depends on what do you want to use for table backup.

To use mysqldump you need a SELECT privilege.
If you want to use SELECT .. INTO OUTFILE user must have SELECT and FILE
privileges.
If you want to use mysqlhotcopy you should have SELECT and RELOAD privileges.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com