From: Keith C. Ivey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Douglas B Jones
Subject: RE: automatically incrementing an int value

On 12 Mar 2003, at 10:22, Douglas B. Jones wrote:

> INSERT INTO virus VALUES (91207,'VBS/Kakworm');
> INSERT INTO virus VALUES (117623,'VBS/Redlof-A');
>
> As you can see, the numbers (n field) are way to high? Is this a bug
> in mysql or n the sql?

It's far more likely to be a bug in your application or your
understanding.  What makes you think the numbers are too high?  You
said you did 122,111 REPLACE queries, so the last one should have had
an autoincrement value of at least 122,111.  Maybe you want to use
INSERT IGNORE instead of REPLACE, so that you're keeping the first ID
you create instead of the last?

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online