Hello,

I apologize if this topic has been discussed in the past.  I am just looking
for feedback whether to use Datetime or Unixtime  (32 bit Int) for my
timestamps.  From what I can tell here are the advantages and disavantages
of each method:

Unixtime (stored as 32bit int):
advantages:
- should require less CPU cycles to process
- required only 4 bytes of storage.

disadvantages:
- a lot of 3rd party tools (interfacing thru ODBC) do not have native
functions for Unixtime  (eg. Crystal Reports,  Excel).
- Unixtime may confuse end-users.

Datetime:
advantages:
- 3rd party tools have native functions for Datetime
- Easier to understand for end-users

disadvantages:
- Likely cause more overhead to process  (for queries and inserts).
- Requires 8 bytes of storage.

At the moment I am on the fence and would appriciate any feedback or
experience that anyone has.

Cheers,
Jason