[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I could be lame, but I couldn't reproduce the error. The query worked ok for me -- using 4.0.4-beta-max-nt

Isn't Lauren using a language that uses \ as an escaping character? And then tries to do something with \f? If it works form the mysql comman line, then this can be the case.

- Cs.

i posted this to the newsgroups and got told it was probably a sql
parser bug so here goes...

if u try to execute a query such as:

insert into foo (id,textfield) values (54,'\\fred\\')

the query fails

if i add a space after the last \\ it works
this is a real pain personally cos we use a lot of that stuff :(
any workarounds or fixes or whatnots?

many thanks

lauren