From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 8:43 AM
To: Tamayo, Nelson
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Connection String?

Quoting "Tamayo, Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I am trying to connect to MySQL without using  a DSN entry,  this is my
> connection string
>
> DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51
> Driver};SRVR=159.113.44.49;DB=csapps;UID=user;PWD=password
>
> The error I get is
>
> "Invalid connection string attribute"
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Nelson Tamayo
> Claims Automation
> (800) 237-7767 x3520
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> The information contained in this transmission is legally privileged and
> confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
or
> copy of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this
> transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately.

Nelson,
    It sounds like you are trying to connect to MySQL via ADO using a
connection string.  ADO connection in that manner requires an OLE-DB driver
for
the database platform if you wish to avoid using an ODBC DSN.  I don't think
that there's an OLE-DB (at least not a free one) for MySQL yet.  Therefore,
you
will have to use a DSN.

Regards,
--