I'm a total newbie. If this issue does not belong here, please suggest a more appropriate mailing list or fourm.

I have recently moved onto a new server. For a brief period after the move I could access the mySQL database using GUI clients such as mysqlf and sqlyog. And the web site that it supported was accessible in various browsers (msie, mozilla, opera, etc.)

Now the PHP-based forum that the MySQL serves is down. When I try to open it in the browser I get four error error messages that say MySQL has problems with login in, passwords, etc.

I can't get into MySQL using the MySQL front ends. Attempting that gets an error that says "Error 1130 - host dialup (and then it lists the first node in my internet connection) is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server." I gather from this that the login and pw are not even getting to the server. I am not seeing this error with any other application nor am I having any problem with any other app using the net.

I'm over my head here. I can't even claim to understand the fundamentals of PHP and MySQL.

Can anyone suggest how I can begin to address this? Or is someone here willing to help me fix it?

TIA