From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: comment with "foreign key" text causes innodb CREATE TABLE
failure

If an innodb table is created with a comment with the words "foreign
key", the table creation fails.

The syntax used to work with MySQL-4.0.4-beta-win and earlier,
running on both Linux and Windows. This query (missing the comment)
executes successfully:

   CREATE TABLE a(a INT) TYPE=innodb;

I consider this bug pretty important since many of our existing scripts
use this style of comments.

How-To-Repeat:
   Execute this query:
   CREATE TABLE a(a INT /* foreign key */) TYPE=innodb;

   You'll get this output:
   ERROR 1005: Can't create table '.\a\a.frm' (errno: 150)

Fix:
   Change the /* foreign key */ comment in all database scripts.
"foreign-key" works.

Synopsis:       comment with "foreign key" text causes innodb table
creation failure
Submitter-Id:
Originator:     Brandon Bird
Category:       mysqld