I just upgraded to

mysqladmin Ver 8.23 Distrib 3.23.55, for apple-darwin6.3 on powerpc

from 3.23.52. Both packages are via Marc Liyanage's binary distribution from http://www.entropy.ch/.

following the upgrade, one (and only one) of the databases is affected such that its' user access is disrupted.

---
Error (1044) : Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to database 'primaryuserdatabase'
---

root-level or widely privileged users can access the database without difficulty.

if a given user, with tight access to another database, is granted access to the database, the granted access will not work, and the user access request will generate this error:

---
Error (1044) : Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to database 'primaryuserdatabase'
---

I've established to my own satisfaction that this problem is specific to primaryuserdatabase; however, I don't understand why top-level users with global privs can access the database when the restricted users cannot.

please advise, and feel free to request more data. Thank you for your time!
--
Mike Whybark - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mike.whybark.com/