At 14:56 -0500 3/19/03, Tab Alleman wrote:
Paul DuBois wrote:
 Line 7 is:
 USE `cm_central`;

Try omitting the backticks from the database name.

 mysql has a slightly different parser than the server and
 that may be causing you a problem with the USE statement.

Thanks again Paul, that did the trick...which is kind of a BitterSweet thing, actually...

Mysqldump puts the backticks in by default, and then mysql < file.sql
chokes on the backticks by default.

Is there any way to tweak either of these two steps to get them work
together without my having to manually remove the backticks from the
.sql file?  If not, I think it would make a great new "feature" in a
future version.

Tab mysql, sql

It appears that this particular problem is fixed in 4.1. I'll report the problem for 4.0; maybe it will get fixed there as well.

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/