Ryan McDougall wrote:

I can't seem to wrap my head around this, please see if you can help me out. I
have 2 tables. One with some basic info but they are structured as follows.

info table:
IDNum(PK)
LName
FName
Title
Deladd
City
State
Zip

codes table:
IDNum (used only so that there could be a primary key :-/ )
info_IDNum(fk)
code

Won't MySql allow you to make the combination of info_IDNum and code a
primary key?

The code column in the codes table can contain multiple codes for each
info_IDNum. I want to make a query where it shows all the info_IDNum results
that DON'T have an entry in the codes.code = 13. Where I am having trouble is
that there are multiple codes for any given IDNum.

Anyway, since MySql doesn't support subqueries, you need to use a left
join, which returns rows whether or not a match is found, and make use
of the fact that if no match is found the data will be NULL.

SELECT *
FROM info i LEFT JOIN codes c ON i.IDNum = c.info_IDNum
WHERE c.code IS NULL;

Bruce Feist